One of the questions I get asked often from brides who inquire is, “Will you come down on your price because I do not need an engagement session? I already have those photos.” My answer is always nope! My engagement sessions are complimentary (a $500 value) because this session is ESSENTIAL.
I truly believe it is a VITAL part of the entire process and here is why.
- During your engagement session, you’ll have the chance to get to know me in a fun, stress free environment. You will experience how I shoot and how I handle posing and lighting. This session will make a HUGE impact on how your wedding day flows because you will already have been in front of my lens and you will be comfortable with me.
- We can practice advanced poses like, a twirl and a dip. You will feel like such a pro on your big day because of the great practice you had during your engagement session. You will be ready for that dip with a kiss as you walk down the aisle as a married couple.
- When I arrive on your wedding day, we will already be fast friends. I will know how you two interact, what your best poses are and how to photograph you in a genuine way. What I will learn about you during your engagement session is invaluable!
- This session gives us time to go over the vision for your wedding day. You get to tell me everything about your wedding day – what excites you, what struggles do you have, how many bridesmaids and groomsmen, what is your color palette. We will chat about vendors – do you need help choosing some? Do you want a first look? Planning a wedding is overwhelming, so during this session, as we get to know each other, you can ask any question you want about anything and we can get started on planning your wedding day timeline.
- This is the time to celebrate your love story and have a fun date night! So dress up, plan dinner afterwards and celebrate your engagement. It is such a sweet time in your journey to becoming husband and wife. You can talk about all things wedding – have you picked out your songs for your first dance and private last dance, do you want a first look? This session will get you in the mood to celebrate!
- You will want to display photos of the two of you at your wedding venue that capture the love you have for one another and tell a story. An engagement session with your wedding photographer is the perfect time to get that magical shot you have been dreaming of. You can also learn more about what products are offered and how to budget for canvases and albums so that, ten years from now, you can flip through your engagement album and feel the emotion you felt on this very day!
I love engagement sessions and I promise you, it will be FUN!